Ashwagandha Health Benefits
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng, is a herb often used in Ayurvedic medicine.
The part of the plant that is consumed is the root. This can be bought fresh in India or you can buy as dried or powdered online.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha:
- Ashwagandha has a variety of desirable effects. Ashwagandha has been shown to increase cognitive ability and memory. This plant has also been shown to help stop cancer. Because of these effects it is incredibly useful for the elderly.
- This plant is high in antioxidants and acts as an anti inflammatory.
- It acts as a tonic herb meaning that you can take it daily and it should build up your body without side effects.
- Ashwagandha has a calming effect which makes it incredibly useful to consume before sleep if you have trouble. This calming effect is also useful for individuals who have a lot of stress or anxiety.
- Ashwaganda has also been shown to help backache, arthritis, tumors, bronchitis and other ailments.