6 Awesome Facts About Figs
- Figs are a great fruit to snack on fresh from the tree. Be sure the figs are ripe or they may contain an irritating white sap in the skin.
- Figs are a good source of fiber. Fiber helps you feel fuller for longer helping you lose weight. Don’t under eat but if you feel like eating junk snack on some fruit.
- Figs are one of the most referenced foods in the bible. That has to mean something.
- The fiber content in figs and most fruits is effective at preventing colon cancer and various other cancers.
- Being rich in calcium figs can help strengthen your bones.
- Figs are rich in antioxidants like most fruit and veg. These compounds negate oxidizing free radicals.