Raw Chocolate Health Benefits
You may be surprised to find out that chocolate is actually incredibly healthy for you! The reason chocolate may be viewed as unhealthy is because most people eat processed, cooked chocolate from the supermarket.
Raw chocolate has more antioxidants than blueberries, goji berries, acai berries etc. It is an incredibly nutritious superfood. Another name for raw chocolate is cacao. It is often sold as powder, crushed up beans or whole beans.
Some benefits include:
- Raw cacao contains an impressive nutrient complex including (but not limited to) calcium, zinc, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, B vitamins and potassium.
- Raw cacao has been show to prevent strokes. This comes from the lowered blood pressure that is associated with consuming raw cacao.
- Anti inflammatory properties that are useful for a variety of applications. Colds, flus, allergies etc.
- An effective food at reducing bad cholesterol. It helps clean arteries and help the blood flow with reduced pressure.
- Studies done on diabetic rats show that the constituent procyanidin inhibits cataract formation.
- Improved concentration and mood. Cacao contains various elements that improve your well being. Now you know why so many people feel good eating chocolate.
- Chocolate (especially raw) has aphrodisiac effects which is why it is associated with romance and pleasure.
As you can see from this list of benefits, consuming raw chocolate can help many people in many situations. A great way to include raw chocolate into your lifestyle is to include it in a smoothie. Check out this page for smoothie ideas and info.