How To Prevent And Treat Colds/Flus And Other Infectious Disease
Many people think it is normal to get colds and flu’s regularly, that it is a part of life. Personally I haven’t had a cold or flu in years since I started my health journey.
There are a number of things I recommend to take when you feel the onset of a cold or flu. Taking these things before, during and after will reduce the severity and duration of the infection:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink lots of pure water.
- Vitamin D is a great immune boosting vitamin that helps the body perform a variety of functions. Get sunlight with as much skin exposure as you can. Don’t wear sunscreen as it can block the absorption of vitamin D and your skin will absorb the toxic ingredients.
- Echinacea tea or echinacea extract is a great thing to take for colds and flus. Echinacea boosts the immune systems infection fighting ability.
- Garlic is a powerful antioxidant. It helps fight free radicals in your body which cause aging and leave it more vulnerable to illness. Garlic contains a number of medicinal constituents that are beneficial to the human body.
- Vitamin C is a well known preventive and curer of colds and flus. Get it from fruit, veges and if you feel necessary from supplements. Just be sure that the vitamin C isn’t GMO corn derived.
- Aloe vera has potent anti viral, anti fungal and anti bacterial properties and a huge complex of nutrition that can nourish the body. The anti inflammatory properties will reduce the severity of colds.
- Ginger, lemon and honey tea is an extremely effective cold treatment. It is nourishing and refreshing.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice mixed with water is a refreshing drink which clears mucus from your throat. It will help cleanse your body of the infection.
- Adaptogens for example ginseng and astragalus help modulate the immune system. If the immune system is too low to fight disease it will raise it up, if it is too high and causing auto immune attacks it will bring it down.